Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

We carved pumpkins with the kids tonight and we had a blast. We had one pumpkin for the boys to carve and one for the girls. The kids are the ones that designed the pumpkins and I think they did an awesome job! As is tradition in the Higham family we ate caramel apples when all was said and done. Yummy! Here the kids are getting ready to carve (or rather watch Dad and Mom carve), one of the only times they are allowed to sit on the table.
Pulling out the "guts". I was actually surprised how well they cleaned out the pumpkins and how much they enjoyed it. I remember hating the feeling on my hands, oh wait, I still hate that feeling.
Even Tanner got into it and "helped" out, although, it was more just moving the seeds onto the table.
The kids with their finished products. Spencer designed the one on the left, Natalie the one on the right.
Fun family picture. Amazing that our kitchen table can hold the weight of our entire family!
An up close view of our work.And one of my favorite pictures of our jackolanterns.

9 comments:

Ali said...

VERY CUTE! Carving pumpkins is super ambitious in my book. I hate it- so much work goes into it and then it just rots! But I think they are adorable and great ways to make memories :) I know I'll have to succumb once I actually need to be festive for our kids!

Sarah said...

How fun! We love halloween around here! I love carmel apples too...can I come next time?

The Trotter Family said...

How fun! I bet the kids loved it. Did you cook up the pumpkin seeds? You know that is the best part!

Momma Dadda said...

Such a cute family! You have a great blog. Keep on keepin' on!
Kelly

Olayan Family said...

Your family is beautiful! I'm looking forward to this whole blogging thing. I guess this is what it takes to keep in touch. Love the pumpkins!

Nicole said...

Your pumpkins turned out great! What a fun tradition with the caramel apples. You are so lucky you got to see Wicked, I have heard so many great things about it. Tanner is looking so big. Looks like he had a fun birthday.

Rachel said...

Hey guys! Thanks for finding us! It's so fun being able to find so many people on here. Your family is super cute!!

Beth and Poasa said...

Oh Brett! Oh Rachel! You guys have such a beautiful family! Looks like everyone had a great time. Happy Halloween!

Beth

Cami Bruschke said...

Cute kids (and pumpkins)!