Thursday, June 19, 2008

Laundry Day

I love my washer and dryer. Not because they are anything special, but because they make my life so much easier. Can you even imagine life without them? Washing all of your clothes by hand and hanging them to dry!?!I try to do laundry just one day a week. Although it leaves me with 8-9 extra large loads of laundry in one day, I feel like it is done and folded until the next week. I normally wash everything and then wait to fold it all until the kids go to bed and I can watch TV as I fold. Here is a picture of 7 of the 9 loads that I did this past week. And after 2 hours, and five beds being put back together, here is a picture of everything folded (minus underwear, I'll spare you that one). You can see the space that I sit in at the foot of the bed (and the remote control for the TV, a must). The clothes on the bed are all piles of "hang-up" clothes (sorted by which closet they go in), so although everything is folded, there is still work to do.
Laundry is a never ending chore, that is never quite done, but for today, it almost feels "done". Until next week. . .

5 comments:

christi.higham said...

That's how I do laundry too--at least for now. I had to explain to Jimmy that I had to get on a system now or it will never happen for me..because I hate laundry. Luckily he helps out frequently :)

Brooke and Aaron said...

I was amazed by your huge piles of laundry. That's the breaks with a family of 6 I guess. You're amazing Rachel! Hey, I had a question - how do you keep up on ironing? I personally don't mind laundry that much but its the ironing that really gets me. I don't iron everything. It's mostly just shirt collars, & church clothes...and even that is too much sometimes. I try to minimize the wrinkles by taking the clothes out of the dryer as soon as the load finishes. I just wondered if you had any advice. [ I even asked Santa for a steamer (thinking that would be faster and more enjoyable than ironing). Santa said it was too expensive :( ]

Megan Bruschke said...

OK< this is so me; however, I am not always so good about getting it folded and put away so quickly! I try to do it after the kids go to bed, but there are far too many nights where I fall asleep before I can start folding! But, the picture of all the folded piles with the remote control in reach, is exactly what my family room looks like when I am done! :-)

Ruth said...

You're so good! I just try to get it washed all in one day but that's it! It's a miracle if I get any of it folded on the same day I wash. I'm usually too tired after I put the kids to bed I just want to veg. Maybe I'm just lazy!

Cami Bruschke said...

That looks so familiar. And I'm with you - TV and laundry go hand in hand. Folding laundry is so mundane without a little TV on the side. I decide which day is my laundry day based on what show I'm into watching.