Monday, December 3, 2007

Fashion Island with the Yee's

On Saturday night the Yee's invited us to go out to Fashion Island with them. It is a Christmas tradition they have started with their kids. Brett and I had never been there, so it was a fun new experience for us. The highlight of the night was the 115 foot Christmas tree. It is over 20,000 pounds and has over 17,000 lights and decorations on it. If you look closely at some of the pictures you can see just how big some of those ornaments are. The kids had fun looking at the tree, as well as running through one of those fountains that spit water up in the air. To start out the evening, Sarah and I needed to stay in the car to feed the babies, so Justin and Brett took the rest of the kids to look at the fish in the ponds. Of course, luck would have it that Bailey would fall in. Brett took of her wet shoes, socks and pants and rapped a blanket around her. Unfortunately, she wouldn't keep the blanket on and ended up most of the night bottomless. So many people were giving us dirty looks for allowing our daughter to run around without pants on in the 55 degree weather. I guess we could have turned around and gone home, but we didn't, and it didn't seem to really bug her, so hopefully she won't have any permanent scares from the experience. We had a fun evening and are grateful for the invitation from the Yee's. If any of you have a free night during this holiday season, I would highly recommend going out to Fashion Island. The pictures just don't do it justice.

6 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Wow, I can't believe how many outings you guys do with so many little kids. I would be nervous to lose one or something. Fashion Island is so much fun! We might have to take Micah, he is into the "pretty lights."

Kristyn said...

The tree at Fashion Island was one of the first things I wanted to show Paul the first time he came down for Xmas. So glad you guys all went down! And how fun with family too!

Ali said...

That's funny...I pass judgements on parents all the time and I constantly have to talk myself out of it- it's a little problem I have. Just last night in like 20 degree weather a Mother came walking out with a tiny little baby strapped to her with bare legs, feet and arms and just walking non-chalantly. I was so irked. But sometimes accidents happen and other times kids just won't keep the clothes ON! I know, I know...I need to be less-judgmental. Your kids are too cute...and that IS quite the stroller gang. I'm sure you all look like quite the parade!!

Lisa Brown said...

Hi Rachel!! Congrats on the new baby! You have a beautiful family! I am just wondering how you find the time to blog :) You are a great mom!

Foy said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love that she didn't care about her pants she looked so cute!That tree is so pretty I have never seen it we should take a trip over and check it out. Your family is so beautiful. -nikki-

Valley Girl said...

Out and About with 4 kids....AMAZING!!!!

How is it with 4, Can it get crazier than 3 little munchkins??? I am sure it can!

How are you feeling????
Email me At
jpsgirlly@yahoo.com