Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Thanksgiving

It was so fun for us to be able to go out to my parents house in Tucson, Arizona for Thanksgiving this year. We had so much fun hanging out with Doug and Liz, Tami and her kids, Jimmy and Christi, Adam, Debbie and of course all of the Tucson family (Mom, Dad, Becky, Liz and Michael). We did a lot of movie watching this trip, which is unusual for our family. I think in part it is because we have discovered the "Red Box". The Red Box is a movie rental thing that is located in the grocery stores. It has "new releases" for only a dollar a night. What a deal! I know they are here in So Cal, as well as Utah and Arizona, so check out your local grocery store to see if you can save money on movie rentals too. We also went out to a drive-in movie our last night there. I didn't know those things still existed. It was fun to sit in the back of our cars bundled in blankets (it was 45 degrees out when we were leaving the movie). It was so fun to just sit around and talk as well. I personally could not stop talking about when my parents and siblings will come home from the mission. Just 7 months left. So crazy how time flies! We are so anxious for them to be home and for our kids to know their "other" grandparents. We hope that everyone else had a great Thanksgiving break. Now on to Christmas, my favorite time of the year. We are working on our decorations tonight. I will post picture soon.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Whoa, really? Just seven months? That's incredible. How exiting that will be! I never really thought of how your kids probably don't know your parents real well cause of their mission. I am looking forward to Christmas decorations!

mostly sane mother said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. Wish we could have been there!:) That is weird that you all watched so many movies, but I understand the lure of the "Redbox." We have those here, too. Did you see any good ones? We saw Enchanted and loved it, really funny--Mike even liked it. Anyway, glad you had a good time. Love ya!