Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tostada Pizza

The following is a new recipe that I found that our family loves. It feeds our family of six to the brim. I am always looking for new recipes and since I found a winner, I thought I would share. Enjoy!
Tostada Pizza

2 c. flour
1 ½ t. baking powder
¾ t. salt
¾ c. milk
3 T. vegetable oil

1 lb. ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
1 c. salsa
1 c. cheddar cheese

½ c. green onions
1 c. shredded lettuce
½ c. chopped tomatoes
Chopped cilantro

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare beef with seasoning mix, according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and stir until mixture leaves the side of the bowl. Press into a ball and knead 10 times in bowl.
4. Transfer dough to a floured surface and roll out to desired size pizza pan. Place dough on pizza pan, turning edges up to form a crust.
5. Bake for 5 minutes.
6. Spread beans over the crust, top with ground beef and salsa.
7. Bake for 10 minutes more.
8. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 2 minutes.
9. Top with remaining ingredients.

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Mmmmmmmm! sounds good! I'll have to try it soon!

AJ Candrian said...

ohhhh! That looks soooo good! Thanks for sharing!

AJ Candrian said...

By the way, (I just thought I was commenting on Rachel Murdock's blog, because it said Rachel at the top), but I found your blog through her blog... fun to see what you guys are up to!

The Trotter Family said...

I might have to try that one once I go grocery shopping again. By the way, I am glad you guys are all feeling better. That sounded like a chaotic week for sure!

Kristyn said...

Sounds yum yum good!

And for your post below - OH MY GOODNESS. What a family! For some healthy people that is a lotttt of visits with a doctor. I'm so glad to hear everything's pretty much passed now!

Cami Bruschke said...

That actually sounds really good - I'll definitely be trying that. Anything Mexican usually goes over well at our house. Thanks for passing it on!

i said...

Rach,
love reading your blog. thanks for the great recipe. I'm sure your home grown cilantro will taste great in it too.